Friday, March 27, 2009

names, names, names

We've been thinking of a name for this new baby and it's such a hard decision, really. I mean, this kid is going to have to live with this name attached to him for the rest of his life...unless, of course, he grows up hating his name and changes it. Poor thing. I hope that doesn't happen. So we've looked and looked through tons of books, internet sites, and all that that normal expecting parents do and think we have come up with a decent name that he, hopefully, won't want to change on down the road. It is (*drum roll, please*) Gage Timothy King. What do you think of that? Too weird? Chris is worried that it doesn't flow right, but it's really starting to grow on me. I definitely want to keep Timothy...it is my mom's brother's name, who died in a car wreck when I was three months old. So, that's very sentimental. So, what do you think of Gage? We've tried it out on some people and have gotten mixed responses...of course, I am reading into each and every one of them trying to figure out their REAL feelings on the name. I'll be doing the same with yours, also, as anyone with this overwhelming responsibility should. :)

2 comments:

David and jill said...

Oooo, can I call him "rain Gage?"

All joking aside, I think Gage is an awesome name. And of course, Timothy is neat because of the background.

Just ignore those people who don't like it. We found that people will be VERY honest about what they think (rolling eyes, wrinkling noses) if you tell them before the baby's born! But once that name's attached to a real, live, out-of-the-womb baby, everyone will love it...or at least, they'll feel bad telling you if they don't!

Hmmm, "tire Gage" has a nice ring to it... ;)

SarahJeanie said...

I agree with jill. People will be honest and that is fine, but ultimately, the decision is up to you! I like it! I won't call him Rain Gage or Tire Gage if that make you feel better!