Saturday, July 12, 2008

Haiti Bound

Well, my parents are on their way to Haiti on their mission trip to see Dr. Wilkins and Sandy. My mom used to work for Dr Wilkins when they lived in Girard. He and Sandy moved to Haiti to become full time missionaries about 9 years ago. ( A little background info for some of you who aren't familiar with them) Here is their website to learn a little more about their mission: http://www.haitihealthministries.org/Haiti_Health_Ministries/Home.html. Mom and Dad left at 6:30 this morning and will come back a week from tomorrow. Keep them in your prayers that they will be able to do whatever God has sent them for...whether that is bringing someone to Christ, building something that is needed at the clinic or simply encouraging and lifting up the missionaries that live in Haiti. Can you imagine living in a third world country? I just cannot fathom raising Conner and going day to day like they do. It breaks my heart knowing that most of those children will never be able to have near as many opportunities as we do here. My mom, two friends, and I went to Haiti years ago when we were in high school and it just changes your perspective about everything. It's another world. I can't explain the poverty and hunger we saw. I think everyone should go to a third world country just to see how great we have it here. I am so thankful for my bountiful life.
Anyway, like I said, keep them in your prayers this week while they are away. Also keep Kirby and I in your prayers...we are in charge of the businesses while they're gone!! Kirby on the farm and me at the restaurant...which means me getting up at 4:30 AM every morning. Ugh. Just one week, though, I suppose.

1 comments:

SarahJeanie said...

I'll be praying for them and YOU! Miss you girl! You need to take a vacation next! Come visit me!!!!!!!!!