Sunday, June 20, 2010

Note to self:

Someday I need to thank Conner for helping me with Gage. He has really taken on the responsibility of big brother. Tonight I had to water my garden. Seriously. It was literally dying of thirst. Things were getting brown...and not in a good way. When my boys go outside, they have every intention to play, not work. Eat, nap (when they desire to...they are the bosses these days), eat a few more times, play. Those are the things on their to-do lists. Cleaning and gardening are not necessities to them. So when I have to go outside to water the garden, they go out expecting to swing on the swings. That is the first (and only) stop in their minds. Meanwhile, I am on a mission. Garden needs watered. Water the garden. The garden needs you. Thankfully, I now have this amazing three-year-old boy who loves his momma so.

So, instead of whining and begging me to swing him (okay, there was a little bit of whining and begging, but really only a little), he gets off of his swing and swings his little brother. Isn't he the sweetest boy in the whole world?! My boys are the best.

2 comments:

David and jill said...

WOW. Our internet goes out for a week, and I get back on and you've put up like a million new posts!! Way to go! I LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing stories and seeing pics of your sweet little guys. Keep em coming!

Josie said...

I know, right?! I've finally gotten into the mode to blog again! Yea!!! I think I've finally adjusted to adding one more to our family...hey, it only took one year. :)