Thursday, March 24, 2011

We Heart Spring

Conner and I have started doing little preschool activities just for fun…and (don’t tell him!!) keep him learning what preschoolers need to learn.  Here are some pictures of a counting exercise we did.  I put a number in the bottom of the cup from one to ten and Conner put little candy hearts (it was near Valentine’s Day) in them, appropriate to the number on the paper.  We’ve been having so much fun doing these little activities together and I love thinking or researching new things for him to do. 

IMG_5574

IMG_5572

We’ve absolutely loved this spring weather and soak up every moment we can spending time outside.  With the rising food costs, we are planning a pretty large garden, so we have started getting it ready.  We are planning on planting tomatoes, green beans, zucchini, corn, green peppers, potatoes, carrots (just because I think it would be fun for the boys to pull up out of the ground!), cucumbers and little pumpkins (again, for the boys for fun and maybe a little fall decorating!).  We’re also getting our flower garden ready.  The boys are so helpful right now...probably because it’s the beginning of gardening, so pulling the wagon seems new again!  I’ll take what I can get. 

IMG_5578

I know, realistically, when it’s time to weed and hoe, all boys (including the hubby) will disappear.  A mother’s work is never done, but they are so worth every single thing I do for them.

IMG_5579

1 comments:

David and jill said...

Yes, they are definitely worth it. You have such sweet boys! PS--yay for new blog posts!!